Wow, what a past couple weeks that we've had at our house! First, Stephen was sick just with the cold and sinus thing! Then Caroline and I decided to head to Arkansas for a few days to see some family, and when we got home, she started coughing. Well the next morning she woke up congested, so we called the doctor but they said we didn't need to bring her in. They just told us to the whole saline/suctioning her nose, humidifier, elevate her bed, steam, etc. So we did that. Then she started having a little fever. We took her to the doctor on Monday, and she had double ear infections!!! We did Amoxicillin for ten days, and she did great on it, no reactions! She is pretty much the best sick baby too! She still slept all night except for when we got the grand idea of putting the nap nanny in her bed to help with her congestion! That was a major FAIL!! She was out like a light at 9pm in the nap nanny, then woke up screaming at 11:30! Pretty much we just had to calm her down, take the nap nanny out of her bed, and then she was out again for the rest of the night! Then on Wednesday, I started feeling bad, so I went to the doctor. I had a sinus infection and double ear infections too!!! This is my least favorite thing about breastfeeding is not being able to take just any medication in fear that it might dry my milk up or be passed on to Caroline. Now after 10 days of not feeling good, I'm starting to make a turn for a better after going to the allergist. Here are some pictures of our poor baby girl when she wasn't feeling so well...

No comments:
Post a Comment