Pages

12 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm so thankful and blessed that God chose me to be this little girl's mommy. I love her with all my heart and cannot imagine my life without her! I have had a wonderful day with her that started off at church and Sunday school, then we came home for lunch and naps, and then we went to dinner and ice cream with our friends, the Richey's






Church was sooo good! We had the privilege of hearing Dr. Tom Elliff speak this morning. Dr. Elliff is the president of the International Mission Board, and he had an awesome message for Mother's Day. It spoke to me, and definitely made me think about how much of an impact I have on Caroline. He spoke on "Leaving a Legacy", and not just any legacy but a legacy of faith. His message was out of 2 Timothy 1:1-5 with emphasis on the following:
vs 4-5 "Remembering your tears, I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy, clearly recalling your sincere faith that first lived in your grandmother Lois, then in your mother Eunice, and that I am convinced is in you also."

Dr. Elliff left us with four key points:
1. A legacy of faith is the greatest legacy you can give your children.
2. Every legacy of faith has a point of beginning.
3. Under my watch, a legacy of faith either grows of diminishes.
4. A legacy of faith is what will your life its greatest impact.

I can only hope and pray that my life will be an example for Caroline that she will want to carry on what we have taught and raised her to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment