Pages

10 August 2011

Introducing Caroline Louise Lieux

I can't believe she is here and ALREADY TWO WEEKS OLD!!

I had a doctor's appointment on July 20th, and because my blood pressure had been high the past three weeks, my doctor decided that I should be induced. I knew that it would be the best for me and for Caroline. My doctor was scheduled to be on call the next Wednesday, July 27th, so we had to be at the hospital at 5PM Tuesday night to begin the induction process. Once we were checked in and settled into our room, they inserted the cervical softener and left it in until 4 the next morning. At 4am, they removed the softener and began the Pitocin drip. My doctor broke my water at 8:30am. After that, I progressed very quickly and requested my epidural around 10am. Like I said, I had progressed pretty quickly in the morning, but then everything kind of stopped progressing around 2pm. They had to slow the drip, then speed it up, etc. trying to get my contractions regulated. When my doctor checked me around 6:30-7pm, I had dilated to around and 8. Shortly after, she checked me again and I was a 9, so they started setting up the room for delivery! I started pushing around 7:45 and....

Caroline was born at 8:46pm, and we couldn't be happier! She was 6lbs2oz and 18.75inches! We feel so blessed to have such a beautiful and healthy baby girl! Our family and friends have been awesome through this whole process as we adjust to life with a baby, and our church family has gone above and beyond with visiting and bringing us delicious meals each night too!

Here are a few pictures from our time at the hospital:

1 comment:

  1. Mollie, she's just perfect! I can't believe I didn't think to check your blog until now. What was I thinking? Of course you're already Super Mommy - making time to document Sweet Caroline's life for those of us far far away!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete